Tuesday, October 2, 2018

WOODSKILLS Issue 02 - now available!

The idea was hatched a year or so ago. A new magazine catering to the discerning, fine woodworking enthusiast. It was an idea that slowly developed and at one point became a reality. So a small team and I have been working at this and are happy to announce that the latest issue of WOODSKILLS woodworking and furniture making magazine is now available. Some of the features in this Furniture Maker Edition include furniture maker articles, profiles of accomplished furniture makers, best studio practices, contemporary furniture design, gallery, vacuum veneering, Moxon vise build, sharpening + woodworking strategies, wood selection strategies and social media for furniture makers. The terms studio and workshop are used interchangeably throughout the magazine. WOODSKILLS is a semi-annual publication, published twice yearly in late spring and fall.

As a follower and practitioner of James Krenov style of work and methodology, both hand tool and some machine techniques are included. Although the vast majority of articles refer to hand tools, machinery is not excluded. I find this to be a more realistic approach in this day and age. Machines can do the grunt work whereas hand tools are used to create joinery, shape and finesse furniture components, smoothing surfaces, etc. Advertising is at an absolute minimum and consists of curated advertising, a term gleaned from the art world. Advertising must reflect practices and products that our readers and the team at WOODSKILLS could use or include in their own workshops and studios. Available through woodskills.com (digital) or Amazon (print version) or Blurb (premium print version).
 
Furniture Designer + Maker Profiles
Darrell Peart, Craig Thibodeau, Jan Lennon, Brian Greene
Workshop Setups & Best Practices
Furniture Maker Articles
Vacuum Veneering
Furniture Design Gallery
Contemporary Furniture Design
Moxon Vise Build
Sharpening + Woodworking Strategies
Social Media for Furniture Makers

WOODSKILLS Issue 02 woodworking magazine

Instagram: woodskillsmag 
Twitter: WoodSkills
Facebook: WoodSkills 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm it looks like your blog ate my first comment (it
was extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum it up
what I wrote and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
I as well am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still new to the whole thing.
Do you have any tips for novice blog writers? I'd genuinely
appreciate it.

Norman Pirollo said...

Post quality content and try to post regularly. Don't overcomplicate the process, some text and image will suffice. Hope this helps.

Anonymous said...

Just desire to say your article is as astounding.

The clearness in your post is simply great and i can assume
you're an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission allow me to grab your RSS feed to keep updated with forthcoming post.
Thanks a million and please continue the rewarding work.

Anonymous said...

Hmm is anyone else experiencing problems with the images on this blog loading?
I'm trying to determine if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Howdy! I just would like to offer you a huge thumbs up for the
great info you've got here on this post. I am coming back to your web site for more
soon.

Anonymous said...

It's hard to come by experienced people in this particular subject, however, you seem like you know what you're talking about!
Thanks

Anonymous said...

Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your articles?
I mean, what you say is valuable and all. Nevertheless think about if you added some great photos or video clips to
give your posts more, "pop"! Your content is excellent but with images and video
clips, this site could undeniably be one of the very best
in its field. Wonderful blog!

Anonymous said...

Good day! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if
that would be ok. I'm undoubtedly enjoying your blog and
look forward to new posts.

Anonymous said...

I've been browsing online more than 2 hours today, yet I never
found any interesting article like yours. It's pretty worth
enough for me. Personally, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the
web will be a lot more useful than ever before.

Woodskills said...

Thanks!

Twitter: WoodSkills
Twitter: pirollodesign

I post goings on in my studio very regularly on the following IG channels.

Instagram: woodskillsmag
Instagram: pirollodesign